The Monroe Convention & Visitors Bureau announces the following event schedule changes due to the predicted heavy rainfall this weekend:
Christmas on the River December 3 - Event Updates, Cancellations and Rescheduling
Monroe-West Monroe, LA- Due to predicted inclement weather, several events previously scheduled on December 3 have changed. Please see the list of event updates, cancellations, and rescheduling as of December 2 at 12:00 pm:
- Bah-Humbug 5k- proceeding as planned
- Bawcomville Redneck Parade- rescheduled for December 10 at 10:00 am
- Painting in the Park- cancelled
- Christmas in DOMO at the RiverMarket- rescheduled for December 10 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- NEW: Steve Trash the Magician-Magic Shows moved from RiverMarket to Pecanland Mall (in between carousel and food court) on Saturday, December 3 at 10:30 am, 11:30 am, and 12:30 pm. Free to attend.
- Kiwanis Club of West Monroe Christmas Parade presented by Origin Bank- moving to Saturday, December 17 at 10:00 am. The new route will be posted soon on the Christmas on the River website.
- Santa’s Christmas Village at the NELA Children’s: indoor activities will continue but outdoor activities will not be available in the event of rain.
- Journey to Bethlehem- proceeding as planned
- Downtown River Jam- Cancelled
- Up on the Rooftop Party- proceeding as planned
- Monroe Renaissance Fireworks Extravaganza presented by Origin Bank- rescheduled for the evening of December 17
- Wagon Rides- cancelled
For continued updates, please visit Christmasontheriver.org or the Monroe-West Monroe CVB Facebook page.
Monroe-West Monroe Convention & Visitors Bureau 601 Constitution Drive – West Monroe, LA – 71292 PO BOX 1436 – West Monroe, LA – 71294
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Alana Cooper