Community Development Block Grant
"Mayor Jamie Mayo and the Monroe City Council are pleased to join the City of Monroe Planning & Urban Development Department's Community Development Division to announce the City of Monroe's Summer Youth Employment Program will be accepting applications March 28 - 31, 2011, between the hours of 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. and 4 p.m. at the Henrietta Johnson Recreation Center located at 2800 Burg Jones Lane."
The Community Development Block Grant Summer Youth Employment Program will place 50 qualified applicants within various City of Monroe Departments/Divisions in order to provide hands-on training and experience to help enhance the student's marketable jobs skills. This special program is financed with the City of Monroe's entitlement CDBG program funds received from the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Household Income must not exceed median family income limits for low to moderate income persons. Proof of household income can include, but is not limited to, the following: Last four consecutive payroll check stubs; proof of unemployment benefits; AFDC; SSI benefits, etc.
- Social Security numbers must be provided for all household members.
- Job seeker must be enrolled in high school, college, or trade school. He/She must provide a current copy of a report card, transcript/proof of attendance, or registration paperwork which shows he/she will be attending a college or vocational school.
- Job seeker must reside within one of the HUD designated Renewal Neighborhoods: Lamyville; Booker T. Washington; Renwick; Downtown; Bryant's Addition; Terminal Heights; Bernstein Park; Newtown; Ouachita Cotton Mills; King Oaks; Robinson Place; Grayling Bend; Lee Avenue.
- He/She must be between the ages of 16 to 21 (must be 16 at the time of application). Proof of age is required.
- Those under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian present to complete the application process.
- All criteria must be met in order to qualify for participation.
- All incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
- All information must be obtained to be considered for employment and should not be considered a guarantee of employment.