Tornado Recovery Update: Monroe – Ouachita Parish Residents Can Now Apply for SBA Disaster Loans
This declaration is for damages received during the severe storms and mudslides that occurred April 12, 2020. Residents and businesses who suffered damage in Caldwell, Jackson, Lincoln, Ouachita, Morehouse, Richland and Union parishes are eligible to apply. The filing deadline to return applications for property damage is July 13, 2020. The deadline for businesses who suffered economic damage to return economic injury applications is Feb. 16, 2021.
SBA recommends that residents and businesses first file their insurance claims. They should not wait for your insurance to settle before applying for SBA assistance. SBA may be able to get their money to them sooner than their insurance, and they will work with insurance companies to make certain that no double-payments occur.
Homeowners, renters, businesses and private, non-profit organizations may apply online at https://disasterloanassistance.sba.gov. The SBA has set up a Virtual Disaster Loan Outreach Center. SBA Customer Service Representatives are available by phone at 916-735-1500 or by email at FOCWAssistance@sba.gov. The hours are 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. CDT, Monday through Friday. For further information, visit SBA’s website at www.sba.gov/disaster.
Visit our City of Monroe COVID-19 Update Webpage www.monroela.us/coronavirus for updates about city services and connections to valuable resources and information.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES:
- Business and faith leaders should register at OpenSafely.la.gov to receive guidance and updates from the State Fire Marshal’s office and the Louisiana Department of Health.
- For a guide of businesses that can be open at any given time, visit https://gov.louisiana.gov/can-this-business-open/
- Members of the public can continue to get information from the Governor’s office by visiting Coronavirus.la.gov and by texting LACOVID to 67283.
- Members of the public can continue to get information from the Department of Health by visiting ldh.la.gov/coronavirus
- People with general questions about COVID-19 in Louisiana can call 211.