The objectives of the disadvantaged business enterprise program are to:
- Coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive DBE program.
- Design steps to overcome barriers to increase utilization of DBEs.
- Provider guidance to personnel in all departments vested with authority to advertise bids and to conduct related procurement activities which may involve DBE businesses.
- Establish goal-setting procedures and reporting system for DBE program for each department.
- Ensure a contracted effort to attain projected annual goals for DBE program.
Ord. No. 9090, Sec.3, 9-12-89
The City of Monroe will not exclude any person from participation in, deny any person the benefits of, or otherwise discriminate against anyone in connection with the award and performance of any contract covered by 49 C.F.R. Part 26 on the basis of race, color, sex, or national origin.